Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Ideas For Initiations

Somebody help me climb up a crane

Somebody help me climb up on top of a crane or some important building in Bologna!
I am a disabled person of 49 years and I have chosen to live alone, away from family, from when I was twenty.
This choice was not a walk, but it is an experience that I would do it 100,000 times. Fortunately I have always worked, paying the rent of the various apartments where I lived in these 29 years.
E 'known Money does not bring happiness, but this usually tells them who the money. For someone like me, who is disabled, it is not any free entrance to the cinema that can improve the quality of my life. For a person with limited mobility, who wants to have a normal social life, even having to travel by public transport becomes very complicated. So one in my condition have to rely on private means of transport such as taxis. However, this involves additional expenditure. Until a year ago, social service, health care helped to make my life more independent with a contribution to the transport (it was a figure of about € 120 per month). Another contribution of social services is a Carer's Allowance of € 460 per month. This last one I need to help pay for a person who helps me in those daily tasks that alone can not do: shopping, paying bills, cleaning the house etc.. Certainly not a big figure, indeed, but it's better than nothing.
Through various financial contribution to mobility was the first to be cut: "Now you're home." It 's true that homeowners do not pay more tax ICI, but I do not understand why this has not entered should be offset by cuts to assistance for the disabled. What's more, the social worker informed me that in January will also reduced the allowance for care from € 460, will be increased to € 307. Also because of the cuts being made to health care.
certainly should not have great expertise in economics to understand that a person living alone, using a grant of € 460 and € 5520 costs the state each year. As if it is devoid of aid that allows it to be independent to force it to be housed in a residential center in the SSN, the figure that the state should pay considerably increases. In fact, welfare is always one of the first items that is involved cuts when you want to "save".
These are the contradictions of our Italy on the one hand makes it impossible to "remove the noise" if, loosely, an individual decides that his life has nothing to do with the concept of life, the other coming off the few benefits that exceeded the swamps of bureaucracy with long lines and infinite production of documents, one has obtained as his right.
A sense of abandonment by the institutions assails us when we go to seek help from bodies, when employees see your arms, shaking his head, and inform those who have cut funding that would make it more dignified and independent life of our disabled . Always "have" never has a name of course! As if it were once again knocking on destiny door, bearing the news that you have been "appointed" and that from January will weigh on your life a sense of uncertainty about the future.
So to those who are in my situation do not just have to find some volunteers (because the professional costs), which will help him get on any roof to attract the attention that we otherwise would never disabled. Maybe threaten to plunge below, forcing municipalities to pay overtime to ecological operators to clean what remains of our life splattered on a sidewalk. I'm ready, I have the sweater and heavy jacket. Ready to get on any roof of this beautiful Bologna was once red, a red hot who could join. Now the red of which we can speak only of the blood that people like me who struggle from day one to be considered normal, he must spit on the ends meet.

Carlo Venturelli

0 comments:

Post a Comment