Friday, January 28, 2011

Backpacking Amsterdam

enjoyment of opera in Bologna by persons with disabilities

My name is Charles Vicinelli for years and I deal with barriers and mobility in our city. I am part of AIAS Bologna with whom I share ideals and commitment to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.
I really like going to the theater and that is why I did a little investigation on the theaters of Bologna.
From this it appears that some of the main structures are not in accordance with the laws removal of architectural barriers.
In particular, some examples: in the Municipal Theater of the room is made accessible via a ramp very dangerous and very sub-standard, Arena del Sole are not under the stalls for the parking of wheelchairs Celebrations of the Theatre and stayed in the side aisle wheelchairs purple thing (as in many other theaters) and rules on those barriers is to prevent fires.
course, is not only a question of quality of service, in case of emergency, this system "cobbled together" may cause very dangerous situations.
I tried to talk with managers to find a solution but I was told that everything was OK and so that if I wanted to see the show I had to be satisfied with the accommodation offered.
is just "offer" because the fund managers aim precisely on the fact that the ticket to the disabled person is given free of charge and therefore that exempt them from giving quality accommodation and the law. Bolognese
As a citizen with equal rights and duties towards my territory ask to use the facilities of entertainment and culture with the same conditions as any other of my fellow citizens: that is to buy a ticket and get a safe place and in a good position.
I am willing to confront and engage voluntarily with the institutions to find solutions to solve or improve these situations.
Thank you for taking some 'time to read these considerations, I am waiting for a prompt reply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment